1. Hello Guest! Did you know we're having a 75% OFF SALE? Support us here!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Did you know we're looking for staff members? Make sure to apply here!

Dismiss Notice

[ICauseDarkDays] Staff Application

Discussion in 'Applications' started by ICauseDarkDays, Jan 7, 2019.

1. ICauseDarkDays

ICauseDarkDays New Member

Creeping
    Minecraft Username:
    ICauseDarkDays

Do you have a working & clear microphone?:
    Yes, I do. Blue Yeti configured and ready.

Have you supported the server by donating (doesn't affect application significantly)?:
    I have not, but I was planning on buying Ronin or Samurai after a couple more days of playing.

On average, how much time do you spend on the server daily?:
    I have been on the server for a total of about 3 hours now, but I'm planning on playing more due to the peacefulness and relaxing session I've had.

How much time can you dedicate to staffing the server? (Please take into account school, work, and other activities! We do not expect you to make Minecraft your life!):
    Per day, I can advocate about 3-4 hours on the server. This includes school, work, and time on my own server.

Please list your experience as a staff member on other networks. If you do not have any experience, please list traits that you have that show good leadership skills and maturity:
    I have been of a Moderator level or higher on a total of 3 servers.
    1. I have owned my own server for a total of 2 years and have seen a variety of people come and go. The lessons I have learned personally made me realize the difficulty in the moderation of a server and the steps I have taken to overcome the problems, while sometimes drastic, always got the job done. The server eventually shut down due to lack of funds on the later years.
    2. I've retired from an Admin position on a (then small) Towny server after my brief hiatus from Minecraft. I've watched the server grow and thrive since the start, and made sure I never let the owner down. I had a major hand in traffic growth and the rise of funds. Sadly, I couldn't use the same tactics on my own server.
    3. I found a small KitPvP server desperate for a justice system. Overrun by hackers and griefers, they hadn't the slightest clue where to start. That's where I stepped in. I found them the best Anti-cheat system on the market, and told them the best tips on starting the server and not releasing until the right time. Unfortunately, they ran out of funds before they released their 3rd build to the public.

What separates you from other applicants?:
    I believe my sheer experience and knowledge in the game and of moderating servers separates me. Other applicants may try to rule with an iron fist and be as strict as possible. I try to chill out and have fun until something gets out of hand, in which case, I deal with it firmly, and get back to having fun with the community. I try to be a family man. I try to relate with the public. I'm not just some other dictator, I'm a friend.

Why do you want staff on the server?:
    I would like a staff position on the server, because I know this is a good server. I want to be involved with the best and brightest, and I think I found it. Like many of the other servers I have been staff on, I wish to see it grow, and I'd like to be a part of that process. I'd help this server as much as humanly possible.

What do you think you can add to the staff team and the server?:
    As indirectly stated, I can sniff out a hacker or griefer from a mile away, and I've had the experience on how to deal with them. I have already studied the rules, and I'm ready for one of them to show their face. I can also lead a few people here using the mighty power of YouTube. I have an alright channel that gets some views from server advertisements. I've even met a few people who hopped on a server because of me.

You agree that you did not plagiarize, self-plagiarize, or received significant help on your application. You also agree that all the information you put on this application is valid (YES/NO):

Yes

johnhenry3 likes this.
  2. ICauseDarkDays

Creeping
    Small Update:
    I've purchased Ronin rank since the making of this application

johnhenry3 likes this.
  3. johnhenry3

johnhenry3 New Member

Noice

ICauseDarkDays likes this.
  4. johnhenry3

johnhenry3 New Member

+1
    Ever since ICauseDarkDays has joined the server, he has been helpful to everyone he see that needs help, he also has donated to the server! I hope that you can be staff, because your deserve it.

ICauseDarkDays likes this.
  5. ICauseDarkDays

Creeping
    I appreciate it! :)

johnhenry3 likes this.